A Legal Advocate In A Challenging Time
An arrest is one of the most traumatic events an individual or family can endure. It can impact a person’s well-being, livelihood and future. At McCamy, Phillips, Tuggle & Fordham, LLP, in Dalton, Georgia, we are dedicated to obtaining the best possible outcome for each criminal defense client.
Defending Your Rights And Freedom
Our criminal defense team is led by Stephen A. Williams, who served as district attorney for the Conasauga Judicial Circuit for two terms. He puts that experience to work protecting the rights of criminal defendants.
Our attorneys often are able to deal with police before charges are filed, sometimes helping to limit charges that ultimately are brought. We thoroughly investigate each case and present an honest assessment of its possible outcome. We have experience crafting aggressive and successful trial strategies and will pursue a favorable plea agreement or reduced sentence when it’s appropriate.
Clients find we do all of this with discretion and keep them informed through every step of their case.
We handle a wide range of felony and misdemeanor cases, including:
- White-collar crimes – Fraud, bank fraud, bribery, forgery, insurance fraud, money laundering and tax evasion
- DUI — Defending people charged with first-time DUI and those with prior DUI offenses, underage DUI, driving under the influence of drugs and DUI with injury
- Drug crimes – Manufacturing, possession and distribution of cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin and marijuana
- Violent crimes – Aggravated assault, simple assault, robbery, arson, homicide, murder and hate crimes
- Sex crimes – Rape, sexual assault, molestation, prostitution, date rape, indecent exposure, pornography and child abuse
- Property crimes – Burglary, theft, trespass, vandalism