Why File A Claim?
Why File A Chattanooga Automobile Accident Injury Claim?
Automobile accidents carry serious consequences. The impact often extends beyond medical bills and can permanently alter lives. The goal of an auto accident lawsuit is to properly compensate victims for any damages incurred.
McCamy, Phillips, Tuggle & Fordham, LLP, can evaluate all aspects of your case to determine the full impact of injuries. Damages may be awarded for any of the following:
- Current and future medical costs
- Lost wages
- Psychological and emotional trauma
- Property damages
Determining The Validity Of Your Case
Consulting with a qualified automobile accident attorney is an important first step for anyone injured in an auto accident. An attorney can evaluate the merit of your claim, determine liability and discuss likely settlement amounts. The validity of a claim rests on a number of factors, including:
- The extent of injuries: Fender benders resulting in only minor injuries often do not warrant a lawsuit. However, when injuries are more extensive and there exists a likelihood of long-term damage, a lawsuit may be in your best interests. A Chattanooga automobile accident attorney can assess the potential advantage of pursuing a claim.
- Your percentage of fault: Georgia and Tennessee both follow a system of modified comparative fault in determining liability and damages in an auto accident. If it is determined that your percentage of fault is 50 percent or higher, you cannot recover damages in an automobile accident lawsuit.
- When the accident occurred: Time limits exist for filing auto accident claims. If too much time passes after an injury, a claim is no longer valid. Thus, it is vital to consult with a Chattanooga automobile accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Call A Respected Automobile Accident Lawyer
The automobile accident lawyers at McCamy, Phillips, Tuggle & Fordham, LLP, offer attentive and individualized assistance for your auto accident case. We are happy to answer your questions and address your concerns. If you suffered an automobile accident injury in Chattanooga, we can help.
We Understand You Need Money Quickly
If you’ve been injured in an accident, chances are you need the money an insurance company can offer sooner rather than later. You may be facing steep medical bills, be missing income from work and still have to pay your mortgage and other bills. The challenge can seem almost insurmountable. Under these circumstances, it can be tempting to take the first offer that an insurance company gives you. But if you do this, you’ll likely be accepting far less than the full amount that you deserve for your injuries.
Insurance Companies Are Not On Your Side
If you were injured in a car accident, it is important to seek advice from an experienced car accident attorney. Although many accident victims are tempted to settle directly with the insurance company, doing so puts you at a disadvantage. The insurance companies know you need money as soon as possible, and they use this knowledge to their advantage, often valuing profits over people. A car accident attorney can assess the merit of your case and determine an appropriate settlement amount.
Talk To Us Before You Accept A Settlement
At McCamy, Phillips, Tuggle & Fordham, LLP, our adept Chattanooga car accident attorneys protect the rights of injury victims. We put our experience and extensive resources to work for you to obtain favorable outcomes. You can feel secure with a car accident lawyer from our firm at your side. Contact us at 706-508-4292 or submit our quick contact form.