In the days following an automobile accident, numerous questions and issues arise. At McCamy, Phillips, Tuggle & Fordham, our accomplished team of automobile accident attorneys in Chattanooga offers reassurance and valuable guidance to injury victims. We help those injured in Chattanooga automobile accidents navigate the complexities of the legal process, providing comprehensive representation for victims of car, truck, motorcycle, and bus accidents. Helping client with auto accidents in Chattanooga and car accidents in Chattanooga.
Why File a Chattanooga Automobile Accident Injury Claim?
Automobile accidents carry serious consequences. The impact often extends beyond medical bills and can permanently alter lives. The goal of an auto accident lawsuit is to properly compensate victims for any damages incurred.
An automobile accident lawyer in Chattanooga evaluates all aspects of your case to determine the full impact of injuries. Damages may be awarded for any of the following:
- Current and future medical costs
- Lost wages
- Psychological and emotional trauma
- Property damages
Determining the Validity of your Chattanooga Automobile Accident Case
Consulting with a qualified automobile accident attorney in Chattanooga is an important first step for anyone injured in an auto accident. An attorney can evaluate the merit of your claim, determine liability, and discuss likely settlement amounts. The validity of a claim rests on a number of factors including:
- The extent of injuries. Fender benders resulting in only minor injuries often do not warrant a lawsuit. However, when injuries are more extensive and there exists a likelihood of long-term damage, a lawsuit may be in your best interests. A Chattanooga automobile accident attorney can assess the potential advantage of pursuing a claim.
- Your percentage of fault. Georgia and Tennessee both follow a system of modified comparative fault in determining liability and damages in an auto accident. If it is determined that your percentage of fault is 50 percent or higher, you cannot recover damages in an automobile accident lawsuit.
- When the accident occurred. Time limits exist for filing auto accident claims. If too much time passes after an injury, a claim is no longer valid. Thus, it is vital to consult with a Chattanooga automobile accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Respected Automobile Accident Lawyers in Chattanooga
The automobile accident lawyers at McCamy, Phillips, Tuggle & Fordham offer attentive and individualized assistance for your auto accident case. We are happy to answer your questions and address your concerns. If you suffered an automobile accident injury in Chattanooga, we can help. Call us at 706-508-4292, or submit our quick contact web form.